favorite bombers

hamdog

where are all the speed freaks out there?

since there was a post about narrow trails i thought i'd post one about
those big wide open ones some of us like to haul a$$ down.

two that come to mind right now are:

Waterville's "north country" or whatever it's called. i used to love bombing
that and hitting the rollers

Big Sky's "Elk Park Ridge" trail. i think i hit this one every first run for a
warm up. gets the heart pumping. super fun big rollers towards the
bottom in the 'slow zone'. the trail has to be fairly empty to hit these to
catch any sort of air though. good stuff!

Bishop_ISO_med.jpg

http://www.bombertele.com

Oh you meant trails.... hmmmm oh well. Yeah just about everyplace I ski has atleast one nice strait down the hill bomb it mctrail. Ofcourse it depends on the state on how good this trail actually is. Theres a few at whiteface that I think would fit this classification. Big and steep and just screaming for speed.

woodi7259":9emv01qf said:
Theres a few at whiteface that I think would fit this classification. Big and steep and just screaming for speed.

I forgot to mention Whiteface...skiing real fast midweek on Skyward (Cloudspin is generally bump, thin coverage or closed when I go) and you have the same feeling as if you were going down with glass window elevator. The scenery just rises.

Sugarloaf and Whiteface...

Patrick":2fs6kaoi said:
There are a few at Sugarloaf, unfortunately I can't remember the names right now?

Haulback under the King Pine chair, and Hayburner or King's Landing off the Superquad.

And of course Narrow Gauge. From the top. Especially if the headwall section is freshly groomed. I've never skied the headwall b***s-out. I always chicken out and check my speed before I hit the bottom. Those SG and DH kids have brass ones.

If you can hit it first chair, the main face trail at Mt. Snow is a screamer. Often has good rolling snowmaking whales on it too. I have skied that one without checking my speed on the headwall 2/3rds of the way down. In leather boots no less... It's not nearly as steep as Narrow Gauge at the 'Loaf, but still screaming fast fun.

Chromer":23d7a46c said:
If you can hit it first chair, the main face trail at Mt. Snow is a screamer. Often has good rolling snowmaking whales on it too. I have skied that one without checking my speed on the headwall 2/3rds of the way down. In leather boots no less... It's not nearly as steep as Narrow Gauge at the 'Loaf, but still screaming fast fun.

On my last Mt Snow visit in March, that trail had something north of a foot of fluff on it. We drove down from Kmart after waking up to only 4" of snow on the ground. 'Twas a screamer all right. I was the one screamin' and hollerin'. 8)

All I can say is thank god for fat skis. Mt Snow is so flat at the bottom it would be unskiable on a foot of snow otherwise.

Back