Heavenly, CA and NV April 2, 2024

tseeb

Loaded Gunbarrel at Heavenly at 859 - they opened CA base lifts about 5 min early. We stayed above 8K until end of day. Rode Sky chair 10x, line never was that bad, but we did move to Canyon a few times to avoid the worst of it. Besides groomers, we also skied Liz’s, Ellie’s and Sky Canyon twice each and Pinnacles once. We went to Nevada before 10 to meet Minden friend, skiing Milky Way Bowl from the early entrance on way. Snow there was not as good as expected, either needed to be skied more or smoother.

Returning to NV later, I left friends before lunch to ski Stateline Chute in Killibrew (photo is guy following me down it)
8656Stateline.JPG

Also skied Bill’s in Mott Canyon. Mott chair will close on Sunday. Easter was the last day for Boulder and North Bowl. Galaxy closed on 3/25. I returned to CA via Comet and 49er to meet friends for lunch outside at Tamarack Lodge.
8658Welcome2CA.JPG

Last photo taken when Minden friend left to ski to Stagecoach base. Other friend and I returned to CA base skiing a high smooth entry into Gunbarrel, continuing down the big bumps on Face and finishing at bottom of only available for racers chair by Tram at 330 with over 26K.
4990TopOfEllies.jpg

Last edited:
Back