Las Vegas - Australian Rugby League games

Sbooker

Just curious if these 'exhibition' games have received any airplay on main stream media in the US? I expect not.
They're on my radar as they are the first games of the 2024 premiership. I don't understand why they've taken them to Las Vegas though. Surely the USA is sports saturated with NFL, baseball, basketball and hockey.

The L.A. Dodgers opened the 2014 baseball season in Sydney and are opening it this year in Seoul.

The NFL has been playing a handful of games in Europe for several years.

Just curious if these 'exhibition' games have received any airplay on main stream media in the US? I expect not.
Certainly haven't heard a peep about it myself. That said, it may generate at least some press on the final day or two leading up to and after the actual game day.

I doubt Rugby would get much press consistently, but unique/unusual (for the US) sports often can grab a minute or two here and there in the steady stream of 'major' US sports reporting.

Certainly haven't heard a peep about it myself. That said, it may generate at least some press on the final day or two leading up to and after the actual game day.

I doubt Rugby would get much press consistently, but unique/unusual (for the US) sports often can grab a minute or two here and there in the steady stream of 'major' US sports reporting.
Apparently they’ve sold about 30000 seats in the 90000 seat stadium. I still don’t get it. The US is saturated with quality sport.

Back