Why I really like this Board ...

Rick

I discovered FirstTracks a couple of years ago. Subset of my favorite threads:

1. Careful analysis of snow water content (wc, to those in the know) -- before coming here, snow was snow to me (and most other normal people ...). I love the level of obsession here ...

2. Careful analysis of ETA and other weather models. I used to work with people doing large-scare weather modeling, and the discussion here last winter reminded me of those discussions. Normal people equate ETA with Estimated Time of Arrival ...

3. Joegm's great stream of consciousness (sic ...) including ducking the ropes someplace in NH, and getting corralled by ski patrol as he attempted to quickly collect a second pair of skis before escaping.

4. Battlefield photos of K-Mart that prompt the question of how anyone there survived opening day ...

Net: this is one the sites I go to read for shear entertainment (and enlightenment, of course ...).

Rick

Rick":2glhfmgh said:
I discovered FirstTracks a couple of years ago.

So, what took you so long to post? :wink:

Never mind why, Rick, thanks for putting to words what we try to accomplish around here. And please don't mind that I moved this thread to the "Mahogany Ridge" General Discussion topic.

We hope that you'll contribute often!

Marc,

Hey, I posted a few times before -- but before the formality of registration ...

Rick

This rocks, I wish I could have put my appreciation of this forum so eloquently. Its awesome to see new faces that are equally as dedicated around here!!

-porter

Back