Ultimate Mountain Gig

I remember from the earlier FTO news blurb below that The Canyons rebranded itself as "Canyons."
http://www.firsttracksonline.com/News/2 ... e-Canyons/

I *hate*the new name, but whatever.

I just googled their website and ended up on the same thecanyons.com as before, but with that really sloppy-looking site-within-a-website in the first post above.

Did I miss a memo? Is it "The Canyons" or "Canyons?"

jamesdeluxe":2e4tsp4i said:
I remember from the earlier FTO news blurb below that The Canyons rebranded itself as "Canyons."
http://www.firsttracksonline.com/News/2 ... e-Canyons/

I *hate*the new name, but whatever.

I just googled their website and ended up on the same thecanyons.com as before, but with that really sloppy-looking site-within-a-website in the first post above.

Did I miss a memo? Is it "The Canyons" or "Canyons?"

From what I understand they're rethinking that decision.

Admin":3dh9k9hg said:
From what I understand they're rethinking that decision.
It'd be great if Admin could leverage his extensive Utah ski world contacts to find out the name of the marketing exec who was responsible for the resort's name change AND using "mountain" as a verb.
:-s

Admin":t26rio9g said:
From what I understand they're rethinking that idiotic decision.
What you meant to say!
No one but no one is ever going to call it "Canyons". Even Radio From Hell on x96, reading their ad copy, consistently referred to it as "The Canyons". The probably felt the omission of "The" was an oversight or just the crappy English that it is. I just can't imagine ad copy that reads "Come ski Canyons this winter!" What are the chances that the moron who decided to drop the "The" was on a tequila bender at the time?

Admin":2sqf9b1p said:
FYI johnsonjoe's IP address resolves to Canyons' marketing department.
It stuns me that people actually get paid to execute ideas that clumsily.

That's indicative of a marketing department that is completely ignorant of how discussion forums work.

Since I'm sure you know some of the people over there, can we assume we won't be seeing any more of this garbage on your site?

Back