Skis made in China?!?!?!

Marc_C":1xtgm72w said:
rfarren":1xtgm72w said:
I don't buy skis for the way they look. My cousin just bought the nomads and said they were amazing in the pow.
There are an astounding number of other skis that are also "amazing in the pow" that don't look like $h*t.

Like my Salomon Czars :)

Marc_C":15rah2my said:
rfarren":15rah2my said:
I don't buy skis for the way they look. My cousin just bought the nomads and said they were amazing in the pow.
There are an astounding number of other skis that are also "amazing in the pow" that don't look like $h*t.
There are an astounding number of skiers that are better looking than you, but I'd still ski with you. :wink: :lol:

Honestly though, if they are ugly you don't have to worry as much about them being stolen.

rfarren":rm0dcez2 said:
Marc_C":rm0dcez2 said:
There are an astounding number of skiers that are better looking than you, but I'd still ski with you. :wink: :lol:
HA! Yes, there certainly are!

Honestly though, if they are ugly you don't have to worry as much about them being stolen.
Actually, looking at their 09/10 line, Icelantic has definitely toned things down a bit and went in a more subtle direction. Prior years though have looked like they used the covers of fantasy comics as their primary inspiration and source of emulation. They've also gone away from that goofy shaped tip ('cept for the Shaman).

My cousin loves his nomads. He said there are no skis he would rather use in soft snow conditions in tight lines. He doesn't like them at all on the firmer stuff though. He got a very good deal because they are a client of his. He also got a tour of the factory. I'll tell him that you don't like their graphics, and perhaps he'll pass the message on.

rfarren":1bv6s7go said:
I'll tell him that you don't like their graphics, and perhaps he'll pass the message on.
Like I said, they've gotten a lot better, and they have a very good eye for color, with one of the more pleasing palettes in the industry. Maybe a bit too heavy on the dead fish motif in the current line-up.

Speaking of graphics:
file.php

FYI I was told by the reps at Head when I ordered the Jimis as my NASJA award that they are made in Austria. Thus the retail price of $1,075 flat.

I know that this thread is dead, however I wanted to add a few thoughts in case anyone stumbles upon this thread again. theirs an e-commerce site called http://www.myskiprofile.com/ that only sells high quality American made skis and snowboards. If your in the market for new skis/snowboard check them out. I think they currently work with 7 different manufactures that build their products in Colorado, Utah and places like that. I recently bought a pair of SCC Fanny Hooe's from myskiprofile and there awesome. I'll never go back to the mainstream brands that mass produce their skis in countries like china.

Back