Boots I love - Head Raptor WC-4

Howdy,

I've been skiing in the Head Raptor 130 for years. The boots were great for my skiing and they fit like a glove. But two big problems:
1. Since they're a race boot and they fit so tight my feet got cold. Like it could be 20ish degrees and my feet are cold. When I gets really cold I had to go in and warm my feet up. I had the Hotronics boot heaters. But some days they don't help.
2. When it's cold the boots are hard to get off. I can recall a few times thinking I'd need to ask someone for help!

I complained about this to Diana, who does Harb's boot fitting. A couple years ago she recommended I try this boot as a cure all. So I bought a pair. My feet weren't cold anymore, because they have more room in the toe box than the Raptor 130. But the performance wasn't quite there because they weren't as tight a fit.

So after two trips to the shop -- one to get the Liquid injection that comes with the liners, and a second to put some wool underneath the footbed, I was stylin'. I had the performance of the 130 and my feet were warm. And they're easy to take off! Note I still use Hotronics, but now I use the heated socks. They seem to be better than the heaters.

I really love this boot. And Diana does a great job with boot fitting. Or at least she did for me. But I've noticed the stickers on a lot of skiers boots. So I think they're a popular boot fitting shop now.

Note: My feet aren't unusual. I generally only need a little 6th toe work to get a race boot to fit.

Attachments

• IMG_1689.jpeg
    IMG_1689.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1688.jpeg
    IMG_1688.jpeg
    282 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Back