Grass Sticks poles

Howdy,

In the Beaver Creek thread the bamboo poles @Tony Crocker was using one day were spotted. A discussion popped up.

I lent Tony those poles one day as his were out of commission. The poles are called Grass Sticks, made by a company in Steamboat Springs, CO. Here's their website:
https://www.grasssticks.com

Joel Gratz has been talking about them for years. When one of my poles bent last year I decided to give them a try. I switched from the Leki system to Grass Sticks and I'm really happy about it.

The reason why I like them so much is their swing weight. Poling is important to me for many different reasons. When I watch skiers the weaker ones always have problems with their hands -- they're too slow. The best skiers are never behind with their hands. I've found the swing weight in the Sticks to be perfect. Looking back, I think my Leki Poles were too light.

Another reason I like them is their warranty. The poles are made with bamboo. Grass Sticks advertises them as durable, evidence they're 2 year unconditional warranty. I have no reason to believe otherwise. Have never felt like the poles were going to break.
https://www.grasssticks.com/warranty-and-returns

Clearly this is a company that stands behind their products - rare these days. From their website:

• After two years from your order we can replace your 1 broken pole for $22.00 + shipping or send you a full new pair for $42.00 + shipping. For paddles, the warranty fee will be decided from case to case. Repairs may also be possible. These fees and the post-2-year policy are subject to change.
The poles are popular here in CO with dedicated skiers.

You can get different handles and baskets. And you can have the poles in a custom length. I like that they're made here in CO, that I'm supporting a local operation.

So if you're looking for new poles, I'd highly recommend buying from Grass Sticks.

Attachments

• IMG_1680.jpeg
    IMG_1680.jpeg
    422.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1679.jpeg
    IMG_1679.jpeg
    414.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1678.jpeg
    IMG_1678.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1677.jpeg
    IMG_1677.jpeg
    394.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1676.jpeg
    IMG_1676.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 73
Thanks for the tip. I'm in the market for new poles; wish I could give them a try before purchasing but it's unlikely that I'll be in CO anytime soon. @Tony Crocker, what did you think of them?

Thanks for the tip. I'm in the market for new poles; wish I could give them a try before purchasing but it's unlikely that I'll be in CO anytime soon. @Tony Crocker, what did you think of them?
They have a 30 day return. They even pay for shipping. Now that’s confidence!

Return Policy (SUP Sticks and Grass Sticks Ski Poles)

If for any reason you are not satisfied with your sticks, please return them for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Did I mention we're confident? All shipping within the USA is on us for full-price orders of new products. (does not apply to warranty orders or Kids Sticks length changes)

The swing weight and durability seem to be standout features, and I love that there's a 30-day return policy. Now, this makes me really interested to try them out too! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Grass Sticks poles. I think I might have to check them out myself.

The swing weight and durability seem to be standout features, and I love that there's a 30-day return policy. Now, this makes me really interested to try them out too! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Grass Sticks poles. I think I might have to check them out myself.
Cool. Let us know what you think. Although I get that might not be till next winter!

Joel Gratz has been talking about them for years. When one of my poles bent last year I decided to give them a try. I switched from the Leki system to Grass Sticks and I'm really happy about it.

They seem relatively reasonably priced compared to some sets of poles today.

Sure, Chris. Grass Sticks seem like a solid choice for poles, especially with the features and warranty they offer. Local support and reasonable pricing are big pluses too.

Back