New lifts and terrain expantion in North America?

lono

Our local hill Modest Mt. is cutting a liftline and trails this summer on the north side with the installation of fixed-grip triple chair next summer.Terrain mostly intermediate. Local reaction is mixed. This has been an area with a short walk-nice powder ratio.
Any where else?

Thought the description sounded familiar then I spotted your location.

One of the more exciting ones that springs to mind is the major expansion at Red Mountain up in BC.

Red Mountain expansion

Peak 6 at Breckenridge is a reasonably significant expansion. A few lift replacements down this way as well.

Lots and lots of master development plans all over Colorado with proposed terrain expansions for future years... but not a lot of new terrain for this season.

Both of these are positive developments IMHO. Red needs more terrain balance, which it appears Grey will help quite a bit. Peak 6 at Breck looks to me to be similar to Peak 7, which is the best terrain there now.

Deer Valley has proposed a major expansion into Wasatch County. Close to 1000 new acres and several new lifts, all located south of the Jordanelle gondola pod. There would be a new base area along Route 40, and the trail pod would extend west up towards Mayflower and Sultan lifts. I think it would happen in the next couple years.

They also have a proposed gondola connecting the Silver Lake area down to Main Street.

ac86":2p4si02y said:
Deer Valley has proposed a major expansion into Wasatch County. Close to 1000 new acres and several new lifts, all located south of the Jordanelle gondola pod. There would be a new base area along Route 40, and the trail pod would extend west up towards Mayflower and Sultan lifts. I think it would happen in the next couple years.

They also have a proposed gondola connecting the Silver Lake area down to Main Street.
The above Deer Valley expansions get meager snowfall and will be highly dependent upon snowmaking.

Thank you q . The link to Red was great.Was there twice in 90's on BC pow safaris.Challenging terrain.One LONG chair up Granite.Rained both visits,promised locals we woundn't return. A very cool place. Give me a heads up if your travels bring you to the not so big.

Back