Day Off from skiing, what to do??

gpaulski

Hola! Besides the one day West Yellowstone Tour, any suggestions for another no-ski day?

Mind you, something to keep a 15 y/o interested....

We'll be based in SLC/Ogden, Jackson WY, and Bozeman MT.

Gracias.

Snowmobiling in or around Jackson. Been dying to do it just never had the down day to make it happen.

In the Ogden area there's the Salomon Center, which has stuff like a climbing wall and indoor "skydiving."

right the snow mobile tours in jackson offer a trip that goes out to see the elk herds outside of town . really a day off in s.l.city , this is a city of medium size - you have full city amenaties out your door - zoo , aquarium , city library , movies , old olympic venues and some pretty good eateries downtown . never been to bozeman !

12/27?... jazz should be about 2-23 by then. i'd rather night ski at brighton : ) take the lakers and lay the points... have a great time!

I've heard great things about the Museum of the Rockies, but not been there myself yet. I'm not sure your average 15 yr old would enjoy it, but I could be wrong.

The Elk Refuge sleigh rides are great...

Also, the snowmobile/dogsledding companies go to Granite Hot Springs south of Jackson... I plan to do that this winter. I enjoyed the snowmobile to Old Faithful a few yrs back, but it was a blizzard all day, so although I wasn't cold, we didn't see too much.

I've camped along Granite Creek near the hot springs, and it's a beautiful valley. You should temper your expectations, however, about the pool. These are no natural hot pots to sit in and soak. Rather, it's a small, somewhat run down swimming pool constructed and maintained by the Forest Service. A hot spring runs downhill via a concrete lined chute into the pool.

I didn't even have the urge to get in.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

I prefer undeveloped hot springs, myself.... but as far as developed places go... this doesn't look that bad to me... and probably suits most people just fine as it's a very unique experience and setting for most people.

29559379.jpg

(Granite Hot Springs net pic)

Also, from what I understand... you can go just downstream and waddle across the river to 4 or 5 natural pools.

Info for the OP... if you're into hot springs, a fabulous place to soak is the Boiling River (aka Gardner River), just outside the north entrance to Yellowstone/Mammoth Hot Springs. Soaking in the river with cold water on one leg and hot on the other is fantastic... not to mention, having buffalo and elk roaming around makes it interesting, too.

Boiling River
boiling-river-pools.jpg

(net pic)

That photo of Granite Hot Springs makes it look a lot better than I recall.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Back