Grand Targhee, WY 1/2/14

snowave

Well, I finally made it back on the mountain after my Dec 3rd crash, which left me with a concussion and 3+ weeks of headaches. With help from the chiropractor, I haven't had a headache in 4 days, so decided it was time to get back on the saddle. With the holiday crowds starting to wind down, the nice weather today (6+" yesterday)... it was time to venture out for a couple hours late this afternoon.

I took it REAL easy and stayed on piste... most of the stuff off was pretty chopped up from yesterdays big crowds anyway.. but the groomers were almost perfect. Soft PP with a couple inches of powdered sugar on the top. The sun was in and out up top, and mostly out down bottom. It was still busy by Ghee standards, but I think I only waiting in a line once on Dreamcatcher, and that was probably less than 4 minutes. Some of the locals I talked to recently stated the crowds over the holiday break were about as big as many had ever seen. With still some of the best snow in the country, it makes sense. I met people on the lift today from Provo, Portland, San Jose, and Boise... among a few others.

Here's a few scenery shots from around the mountain... ending with a shot of 'Grand' back at the house... and an Alta Ale for a little reward... (which is a pretty tasty beer, I might add).

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0071-2.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_9711.jpg

Another 6-10" expected tomorrow.. Hope to make it up Saturday AM.

Beautiful shot of the Grand... and happy to see a 75!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Back