Killington, VT 2/25/02

A

Anonymous

I took advantage of Vermont (and N.H. and Quebec) Day Monday at Killington. It wasn't powder (as if...), but I found beautiful spring skiing all day. <BR> <BR>Temps were in the 30's - 40's all day. The thermometer at the top of the K1 gondola read 38 at midday. <BR> <BR>I started at Bear Mountain (Bear Trap/Claw, Wildfire, Outer Limits (the groomed side!)) in the morning, later when things got squishy moved over to the Glades and Canyon areas, and then back to Bear at the end of the day. For the most part, I found soft, edgeable snow, with ice mostly only in the shady or really-scraped-off spots. <BR> <BR>Did various combinations of East Glade, West Glade, East Fall, Double Dipper (which was manageable even for me), Cascade. I really do like West Glade. <BR> <BR>One disappointment was wandering over to North Star around midday. The bumps looked nice and soft, but they were all separated by several feet of shiny, scary pond ice. Fortunately I could see this from the top, so I opted for Great Bear instead, which, having been groomed flat as a table top, was another disappointment. <BR> <BR>The high point of the day was my last two runs down Dream Maker, which was full of beautiful soft spring happy bumps.

Back