LE MASSIF , QUEBEC ( Dec. 31 /Jan 1 , 2010 )

Anthony

Frustrated with the lack of deep snow in the Laurentians decided to make a quick road trip to the Charlevoix region of Quebec on the north Shore of the St. Lawrence . Pulled into the parking lot of Le Massif and things were already looking good as high snow banks lined the road in . Le Massif on the 46 degree latitude with a elevation just under 3000' but with vertical drop of 2500' was in prime form .Based on measurements taken with my poles it appears that the base depth is close to 4' in the woods. All in all great conditions as all trails , woods and back country were open . Didn't stray too far into the back country as only my son and I so if something were to go wrong would be in a bit of trouble to say the least. Skiing along the border was just fine . It snowed the 2 days we were there adding a few more inches to the already deep base.

Attachments

• M4.jpg
    M4.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 3,669
  • M3.jpg
    M3.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 3,672
  • M2.jpg
    M2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 3,673
  • M1.jpg
    M1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 3,670
Good call. I'm hoping that your kids don't start school on Monday and that your staying an extra car.

After skiing the last two days, I'm sentences to keep the kids this morning as my wife is going her owns stuff. Important meeting tomorrow morning after one week off work plus the fact that I'm carless will keep me from enjoying this storm. :-(

Had to come home so missed the Saturday night storm , but it did snow the 2 days we were there so can't complain . All good :ski:

Mt. Ste. Anne reported 3 feet new during that period after Christmas when the rest of the NE was getting rain. And nearly 4 feet at Le Massif. I'm surprised Patrick didn't get up there. :stir:

This area is well worth the drive as find it does not get tracked out as quickly as other areas closer to metro areas. Even during the Christmas week there were no lines for the chairs !

Tony Crocker":w8b9u94r said:
Mt. Ste. Anne reported 3 feet new during that period after Christmas when the rest of the NE was getting rain. And nearly 4 feet at Le Massif. I'm surprised Patrick didn't get up there. :stir:
:brick:

Well, we got about one foot of snow in town since that snow/freezing rain day on December 23rd. 8-[ :roll:

Back