Long term (next week) weather for Jay?

Spensar

I'm going making a trip to Jay next week and am deciding between a Monday and Tuesday night trip, or pushing it back a day or so. The weather forecast Saturday to Tuesday in Ottawa is for above frezzing temperatures, but I can only get Jay info to Satruday.

Any information whether Jay will being getting warmerthrough next week or not would be appreciated. Looks like Spring skiing weather but would lke to avoid the warmest days. Thanks.

I don't think the warmer temps will affect Jay all that much. While they may be forecasting high temps near 40 sat-tues, on the mountain you'd be hard pressed for anything to melt...just soften nicely. Too far in advance to say for sure what the weather wil be, but the current forecast shows about the same temps from sat thru tues, low in the 20s and highs in the 40s.

If I were you, I'd avoid the crowds and go on the weekdays. Sat/Sun may be very busy. I think it is Canada's winter break week.

Better yet, go to Stowe or Smuggs to avoid the Canadian crowds.

This is from weather underground
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fin ... troy%2C+vt

Saturday
Partly sunny with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Not as cool with highs in the mid 30s.

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Lows in the lower 20s.

Sunday and Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 40s. Lows around 20.

Monday
Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain or snow showers. Highs in the lower 40s. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Monday Night
Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow showers until midnight. Lows around 20. Chance of snow 30 percent.

Tuesday
Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 40s.

Thanks Sharon. It's the Ontario March break, and that's us. We will part of the barbarian hordes!
icon_mrgreen.gif

I bet if there's rain, it will be in the lower elevations and you'll see snow on the mountain. Skip the weekend crowds. Have fun.

Spensar":u8ql2ft9 said:
It's the Ontario March break, and that's us. We will part of the barbarian hordes!
icon_mrgreen.gif

OUT with the barbarian hordes from Quebec (School is this week).
IN with the barbarian hordes from Ontario (Next week). :lol:

I'll be crossing the Quebec-Vermont border probably on early Monday morning, but I've only taken 2 days off work + can't leave Ottawa before Sunday evening. :roll:

weather.com has a full week forecast. Calls for some rain on Wed., but pretty nice for Tuesday and Wed., so looks like you hit the right days Patrick.

Back