Mad River Glen 3/19

jasoncapecod

My daughter Zoe and I skied MRG for the first time today. Temps top out around 60 with bluebird skies..Here's a few pics of my best day this season...

Attachments

• Picture 081 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 081 (Medium).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 5,914
  • Picture 089 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 089 (Medium).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 5,906
  • Picture 092 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 092 (Medium).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 5,920
nice! emily and i were there both monday and tuesday. great skiing! place was deserted, maybe 150-200 skiers each day. how was the cover holding up? i saw lots of bare spots opening up on tuesday and it hasn't gotten any cooler since. paradise and fall line skied very well as well as the 20th hole area.

fun rugged little place, well seems very small after skiing sugarloaf a bunch recently. btw, the loaf is chock full of snow right now and should pick up more in the coming days. it's "one big mutha" time! till may.............

rog

icelanticskier":1bl63u9y said:
nice! emily and i were there both monday and tuesday.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
I believe you went right pass me (you even looked back at me) as I was at the bottom of the single waiting for one of my daughters. I said to myself, geeez that guy looks like Rog, but it can be...everyone knows that license turns green at Spring Time in NH.

I guess Icelandic skis weren't the only thing at MRG on Tuesday. Funny, I ran into River today at Smuggs. It's a small world.

icelanticskier":2bzmmpfp said:
fun rugged little place, well seems very small after skiing sugarloaf a bunch recently.
That's 'cause it is very small. Skiing the Loaf has nothing to do with it. You'd feel the same after skiing Stowe or Sugarbush.

Patrick":3cut2dux said:
icelanticskier":3cut2dux said:
nice! emily and i were there both monday and tuesday.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
I believe you went right pass me (you even looked back at me) as I was at the bottom of the single waiting for one of my daughters. I said to myself, geeez that guy looks like Rog, but it can be...everyone knows that license turns green at Spring Time in NH.

I guess Icelandic skis weren't the only thing at MRG on Tuesday. Funny, I ran into River today at Smuggs. It's a small world.

i thought that was you! em and i were skiing with her dad and uncle, rick moulton, producer of ski and surf films, lives in huntington, we were staying with him. both her dad and rick rip it up, ski anything and everything well. it's pretty cool to have a girlfriend where every family outing has to do with skiing, works for me \:D/ . i think he said hello to you while we were getting on the single, no? were you wearing a helmet and a big beard type thing coming off of your chin?

license plates do turn green in nh in spring, that's why i was skiing in vermont. 8-[ unless it starts raining or snowing again, i'll be avoiding mt washington zoo time till the loaf closes at the end of april, then i'll go back up for may, june, and into july.

if yer gonna be at the loaf on sunday/monday next week or every other week till they close, let me know.

p.s. here's rick's website, check it out, cool stuff, great guy, sick skier. http://www.rickmoulton.com/

rog

icelanticskier":2rh58pip said:
were you wearing a helmet and a big beard type thing coming off of your chin?

The ZZ Top thing strikes again. :lol:

Patrick is one of the more recognizable skiers on the mountain.

Hard to miss...

Attachments

• Patrick at Mad River 1.jpg
    Patrick at Mad River 1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 5,910
icelanticskier":1cd9m4aw said:
i thought that was you!
(...)i think he said hello to you while we were getting on the single, no? were you wearing a helmet and a big beard type thing coming off of your chin?

Yes that was me, I saw Rick and said "Hi" to him. We traded emails last Fall regarding his DVDs. You are correct about Rick's work. I personally find that his Legends of American Skiing is one of the finest ski documentaries, and I've seen a bunch of ski movies. If you haven't seen it, you should check it out.

http://www.rickmoulton.com/merchandise/legends.shtml
http://www.alpenglow.org/ski-history/no ... gends.html

icelanticskier":1cd9m4aw said:
if yer gonna be at the loaf on sunday/monday next week or every other week till they close, let me know.

March Break is over, back to work tomorrow. Funny, meet or bumped into a bunch of people this week. Oh yeah, I should try to write something up.

ChrisC":1cd9m4aw said:
Patrick is one of the more recognizable skiers on the mountain.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

bummer, i even asked rick where you were from right after he said hi to you and he replied, "huntington", as in huntington vermont. i heard him call you patick too. i would've waited up for you for some runs had he said you were from canada!

next time.

rog

icelanticskier":1my483tf said:
bummer, i even asked rick where you were from right after he said hi to you and he replied, "huntington", as in huntington vermont. i heard him call you patick too. i would've waited up for you for some runs had he said you were from canada!
Yeah, he might have been confused on my identity. We traded a few emails last fall regarding his work and mentioned to send him a email if I went to MRG so we could make a few turns (i didn't...too busy + I was there with the family). When I introduced myself, he said, oh you're from the other valley. I wasn't sure what he meant. Ottawa Valley, Edelweiss Valley (he wouldn't known I have a pass there) or even Waterville Valley do to my last name could be associated with that place.

Oh well...I'll be up on the rockpile before all the snowmelts. One week at a time now until then.

Back