NAO (West vs. East Based and that it means

robweather

Hey all...

Just added a quick weather 101 on an important weather factor this winter...even bigger than an El Nino/La Nina. It's the west vs. east based NAO (North American Oscillation). The graphics and maps should help you see how they differ. BTW we are off to a great start with the NAO and AO they are dipping into October.

http://www.liveweatherblogs.com/index.p ... Itemid=179 :stir:

The NAO is an important weather driver but has almost no persistence beyond one month. Therefore its condition in September/October tells us little about the upcoming ski season. The reason El Nino/La Nina get so much attention is that its status in September.October is very likely to persist through most of the northern winter.

Rob,

Good to see you posting here. As a Philly area resident for the past 15+ years, you were the only local weather guy I ever found worth following. Hope to see more from you through the winter.

Tony Crocker":213t1un2 said:
The NAO is an important weather driver but has almost no persistence beyond one month. Therefore its condition in September/October tells us little about the upcoming ski season. The reason El Nino/La Nina get so much attention is that its status in September.October is very likely to persist through most of the northern winter.

So what do the KIDS say for dec/jan UT/WY/MT/ID ??

I think we'll see the NAO swing back and forth...The PNA is key too. GPaulski I really like the winter in UT WY MT ID this year watch that halloween storm next week esp. in UT WY

Back