NH Spring Break (March 11-15) suggestions

Patrick

Okay all you folks that have a deep knowledge of New Hampshire. I have some opinions, but I'm open to suggestions.

Here is the deal and initial plan.

Close to Mount Washington Valley. Not Vermont or Maine. Visiting some mostly new territory plus got my 5th grade daughter the skiing passport for NH also (free skiing).

Bringing my 5yr old daughter also, so I'd like to mixed up the type of area. Some small (more centered on my youngest, but where oldest wouldn't be bored) and some big (opposite - oldest centered, but...).

Here are some names:

Big: Wildcat, Cannon (on our way to/from Canada).
Small: Cranmore, Black

Bretton Woods, Attitash...thinking maybe crossing the border and driving past Balsam Wilderness. I'm open to suggestion. More or less, all of them (except at the start or end of the trip) would have to be fairly easy drive from one place).

Suggestions on where to stay: North Conway??? Places in particular at a reasonable price?

Definitely Black! Great family mountain but still has a lot to offer even the experienced skier in short stretches. Classic old school feel, very friendly, and dirt cheap. Wildcat, of course, is going off right now so a Black/Wildcat combo sounds good. Not to keen on Attitash but I have never skied there fully open and I have no experience with Cranmore. Those would be your Valley options. Bretton might be nice if you are trying to get the little one's into the woods, but of course pricey. Cannon is pretty far removed from that area by about an hour or so but is my favorite mountain in NH.

Black/Wildcat seems like the best idea to me. Bretton woods seems a bit flat. Attitash is too corporate, and Cranmore is too boring for my liking. Black and Wildcat are still relatively "old school" as far as skiing goes.

eatskisleep":1m5hlj6x said:
Bretton woods seems a bit flat. (...)and Cranmore is too boring for my liking.
I'm not talking for you, but skiing with a 5yr old.:wink:

Anyway, places are pretty much decided. It's a mix of big and small hills, something for the whole family.

Wildcat (2-for-1 on Wed)
Cannon (2-for-1 on Tues or Thurs)
Cranmore (2-for-1 on Mon-Thurs)
Black (2-for-1* with 5th grade passport)

Maybe Balsam Wilderness (2-for-1* with 5th grade passport) which would be a slight detour coming from Canada. I driven past the place going to Sunday River, looks like a fun place to ski.

Not Bretton Woods. They charged $35 midweek for 5yr olds :x plus their 2-for-1 day is on Wednesdays (same as Wildcat).

Probably not Attitash. No real deal here except $10 off one adults tix for the 5th grade passport.

Now I just need to find a place to stay.

Back