Palisades Tahoe, CA March 29, 2024

tseeb

I skied Palisades from 915-315. It snowed the whole time, not hard early, but started dumping before noon. Visibility was not great all day, so it was best to ski where it was smooth. Wind was not bad. Headwall and Siberia ran all day, and I got my first ride in a long time on Emigrant. Best visibility was on Shirley Lake. The worst I had was skiing down Saddle on KT on my 2nd run.

By end of day, there were a few new inches in most places although none on roads or my SUV. Where I stayed a couple of miles N of Truckee it started dumping between 5 and 6 PM and there was 10" by Sat. morning. Run on the day: Sully's Knob on Resort chair. I did the short hike twice. First time I could feel the corduroy under the new snow for the first couple of turns the first time.
8624SullysKnobSign.JPG

I increased the contrast on next photo a lot. I had first tracks at 1115 and third tracks at 245.
8628SullysKnobCont.JPG

I skied a steep chute near top of Red Dog chair twice. The first time I returned to the run and skied to Lodge for a break.
8625RedDogUp.JPG
8626RedDogDown.JPG
The second time was my last run and I continued down, skiing where jumping was held during the 1960 Olympics, getting to within 100 feet of my SUV. My watch counted 26K. A lot of vehicles, but only long line I saw was for Granite Chief. Shirley had short line.
8629PalisadesParking.JPG
8630JumpHill.JPG

Picture of your car and looking up from your car reminds me a fair bit of Skiing Over the Rainbow area at Loveland...

Back