'Scuse me for saying so...

Email I received from a friend this a.m. was that he had 5" of fresh this morning at Stowe where the wind deposited it, and 0" where the wind scoured it. However, it had already turned to rain by the time his car reached the Matterhorn en route to work (IIRC the Matterhorn is at around 1300 feet or so).

Wow! Matterhorn? Stowe to Switzerland is a long daily commute. Ba-da-bing! 8)

Chromer is busy gloating about Sugarloaf getting snow when all of Vermont appears to be getting wet. I wonder if I'll need to mount snow tires before Christmas this year?

Geoff":3iah7x77 said:
Chromer is busy gloating about Sugarloaf getting snow when all of Vermont appears to be getting wet.

Yup; 7"-8" on the mountain already and still snowing.

Geoff":z4f66ioe said:
Wow! Matterhorn? Stowe to Switzerland is a long daily commute. Ba-da-bing! 8)

Chromer is busy gloating about Sugarloaf getting snow when all of Vermont appears to be getting wet. I wonder if I'll need to mount snow tires before Christmas this year?

I expect we're going to get a few hours of rain before it changes back to snow. I might finally get to see how my snow tires handle slush tonight.

Looking like another storm is likely middle of next week.

JimG.":5p6y3vbv said:
but this weather blows :evil: ! Is it snowing anywhere in the East?

YYYEEEESSSS!!!! :D

Enough to have George W. plane leave more than 30 minutes late.

Looking outside the window at work, looks there's something like 4 inches and it's still snowing, but not as much as this morning.

Perfect snowman snow. Snow, only snow.

Well, here in Albany (25 miles WSW of Bennington, VT) we just hit a dry slot. The sun has come out, and my barometer has finally leveled out at 1017 mbar. The wind has started positively honking out of the SW, and it's <ugh!> 52ºF.

It started snowing here in potsdam a little bit ago but lots of rain before it and no accumulation.

Looks like the North Country will be getting some snow.

Too little too late though.

My friend in Lake Placid called me to tell me how miserable the weather is up there. All he's seen is rain :cry:

The radar link (when I looked at it one hour ago) showed the snow-rain limit too be just north of the St.Lawrence River :cry: , but south of here. :D

Just stop snowing in the last hour, we got maybe 4-6 inches. Hard to say from the office window, the snow is heavy.

I just got a press release in from Le Massif, where they're reporting 26 cm new (10.5 inches).

Attachments

• lemassif.jpg
    lemassif.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 5,190
Now this is the time that it REALLY sucks to live in Pittsburgh.
We get hosed as it is by the pittiful lack of vertical feet around here. But when we can't even think of making snow in the first week of December because it is in the mid 40's outside. That is a bummer. I have to get back on my skis soon or I'm not going to make it.

:twisted:

things are looking good in northern vermont for the next couple of days anyway. on and off snow some wind maybe its a sign of things to come. if it doesn't improve it'll be time for airline tickets and powder turns elsewhere, utah is looking great and so is silverton. does anyone have any up to date info on the situation out west, is there more snow coming or is it going to be high pressure and sun?

:twisted:
red eyes

Back