Solitude 4-2-11 & 4-3-11

socal

I'll start off by saying skiing wasn't my #1 goal this weekend, getting engaged was.

Saturday we got off to a leisurely start around 9:30 and at the top of the Eagle Express (her favorite lift) we got engaged.
IMG_0329.JPG

Thanks to Nick Como at Solitude for arranging for Robert from accounting to be staked out up top to take some pictures. She had no idea and we got a bunch of great shots before she even realized the strange guy just above us was actually there to take pictures of us.

"Hey can you grab the camera out of my bag for me?"...I had snuck the ring box in my normal camera pocket earlier that morning.
IMG_0324.JPG

Calling the family with a nice view:
P1000581.JPG

We skied till about 2pm actually really enjoying the soft but not slushy groomers. She was a trooper but by 2 or so she just wanted to take her glove off to look at her new ring. Who was I to complain?

After that we got ready and a few friends who just happened to be in town met us at the Thirsty Squirrel where we had quite a few shots of Patrol and lots of beers. Since the food options weren't great and the games wouldn't be over until about 9pm a friend ran over to Kimi's and got us some really great takeout to eat while we watched the game. Finally around 1030 or so we called it a night and at that point finally the rain had changed over to snow.

With our room facing the slopes I couldn't sleep all night just watching the snow hammer down. Finally at 8 we got up got some breakfast and a group of 4 of us hit the slopes. The day was great, crowds were light and the skiing was amazing. No pictures from the day, we only had a bout 3 and half hours to ski so we just went hard till about 1230 and called it a day to catch our flight home.

Great weekend and looking forward to being back in SLC soon.

Are you sure this relationship is compatible? One skier and one snowboarder? Will cats and dogs finally get along? :-D

Congrats. =D>

EMSC":gban2onu said:
Are you sure this relationship is compatible? One skier and one snowboarder? Will cats and dogs finally get along? :-D

Congrats. =D>

Ha, well besides having to wait for her at the top of the lift I'm just glad she's a solid intermediate; cruising all day is a lot of fun with her. Plus she gets the benefit of having me pull her around on the uphills and flat areas.

Yesterday, she struggled in the deep snow and insisted that I go off with the boys and meet her in a few hours. I think it'll work out.

Congratulations. My wife of 21+ years skied Squaw last week for six days, which were her first six days of the season. She really enjoyed being slopeside and even appreciated the five day pass she received as an anniversary present. The last day included free demos of two different Moment skis for each of us. She skied her sixth day for free because we both got tickets courtesy of Squaw from 15-20 minute stoppage of Silverado we endured early Friday morning. II'll try to post a more complete report soon.

socal":2t77zrz3 said:
Yesterday, she struggled in the deep snow and insisted that I go off with the boys and meet her in a few hours. I think it'll work out.

You can always do what I did with my wife...put her in the spa on those deep days. I think she enjoyed yesterday's powder day as much as I did.

socal":3d76bnun said:
EMSC":3d76bnun said:

Congrats. =D>

Ha, well besides having to wait for her at the top of the lift I'm just glad she's a solid intermediate; cruising all day is a lot of fun with her. Plus she gets the benefit of having me pull her around on the uphills and flat areas.
Other benefits include happier feet and cheaper gear.

rfarren":1o8u5vov said:
socal":1o8u5vov said:
EMSC":1o8u5vov said:

Congrats. =D>

Other benefits include happier feet and cheaper gear.

I'm hoping for cheaper gear, my new setup wasn't cheap and she's ready for a new board for next winter.

Back