Tug Hill 2/6

cnyskier":3qmkikax said:
Patrick":3qmkikax said:
Tony Crocker":3qmkikax said:
I think Patrick's question is whether Tug Hill has enough terrain and pitch so you can actually ski decent fall lines in 2 feet of fresh. .

I'm actually a big fan of snow ridge (that why I've had a pass for the last few years) but when it's really deep there are only a few lines that are actually steep enough to be skiable and almost all of them are very short and unmarked or out of bounds. Now I admit I ski there most weekends and usually have a great time, but steep it isn't, though it often is pretty deep... YMMV

wayne

Correct in that most of the good lines are short and out bounds, but there are more than a few to be found.The majority of the place is not very steep , but some of the unmarked are as steep as it gets....actually there are some that don't hold snow well. I ended up in an uncontrollable slide trying to ski a line that was too steep to hold all that snow.

I skied Alta,Solitude,Powder Mountain(including 1 Heli run) in early January this year, Gore mountain this past Friday and Saturday and laps on defunct Hickory in ADK's Sun.....and my most enjoyable skiing has been at Snowridge this year....skied a few other days like the posted video there...just was having too much fun to mess with camera

Skimore,

What was it about the good Snow Ridge days this season that you enjoyed more than even the Utah skiing?

-Baldyskier

Back