Balsams Wilderness, NH - March 16, 08 - Day 5

jasoncapecod":35k8jw52 said:
Jamesdeluxe has skied with my kids twice, I’m sure he is reaching the end of his rope.

Jason is exaggerating. His girls are absolutely cool to ski with, although they make me feel like a fairy when they say that the trails I'm suggesting aren't challenging enough.
:lol:

Nice to hear a constructive suggestion on the car sickness. That's one I can't relate to because both of my kids have cast iron stomachs. They are both roller coaster junkies and can read or play video games in the car for hours. If I had young kids today I'd also have one of those vans/SUV's with the flip-down DVD screen in the ceiling. When Adam was young car motion would tend to put him to sleep :D .

On that 15-hour marathon drive L.A. to Steamboat there were 2 adults and 3 kids ages 11, 10 and 5 in the car. When we arrived all the kids had slept a sound 9 hours and were raring to go. Richard and I were the ones moving more slowly that day.

Tony Crocker":1u5urj6e said:
Nice to hear a constructive suggestion on the car sickness. That's one I can't relate to because both of my kids have cast iron stomachs. They are both roller coaster junkies (....) When Adam was young car motion would tend to put him to sleep :D ..

Morgane likes roller coasters, however she's the one that get motion sickness in the car. I just don't get it. :o The youngest one is fine. Morgane has rarely slept in the car, even when she was very young. We would leave Montreal for Ottawa at 10pm and she would only fall asleep when we got into town (2 hours later). :?

jamesdeluxe":tp67vy38 said:
No pics again?
:x

Here you go James... :mrgreen:

Tara eating in this beautiful lodge before starting skiing.

BALc-080316_0001.jpg

BALc-080316_0002.jpg

Wife and Tara in the chair while Morgane is waiting lowerdown.

BALc-080316_0003.jpg

Morgane near the bottom with beautiful lodge in the background under the old double. Beginner lift on the other hill behind the lodge.

BALc-080316_0005.jpg

Tara taking a picture of me at the top.

BALc-080316_0004.jpg

Sisters skiing together.

BALc-080316_0006.jpg

Tara arriving at the bottom.

BALc-080316_0007.jpg

Beginner lift and Tara across the main mountain. I'm the one that had to convinced Tara to ski the beginner hill as I knew it would for a better picture of the main mountain. :D

BALc-080316_0008.jpg

Datalog for this last day of Spring Break. Skied with Tara around lunch.

balg-080316.jpg

As for Morgane making some big league trips, she has to merit them. I wouldn't want her or any of my friends for that matter during a ski trip to become a drag. When it happens, I don't want to regret it.
I have made a proposal to Patrick that meets these concerns.

Patrick":mjcnvsrl said:
Says the person who skied in mediocrity under the rain in NZ at one time.

jamesdeluxe":mjcnvsrl said:
It's a language thing, but this line ^^ cracks me up. Tony wasn't just skiing in mediocre conditions... he was "skiing in mediocrity." :lol:

I showed this post to my wife five minutes ago and she's still laughing.

Back