ski-air travel stories

Another smaller plane wreck is in the British Virgin Islands - Coral Gardens Airplane. This one is located in The Dogs Islands just off Virgin Gorda, which is home to "The Baths."

Diving to see the wreck can be fun, except when multiple barracuda hang out inside.

A recent addition to the dive site is the remains of Atlantic Air BVI's Shorts 360 airplane. In 1993, after an unsuccessful takeoff, their one and only aircraft landed in the water about 200 feet off the end of the runway.

View attachment 42233

View attachment 42234

I spent a week on Virgin Gorda in 1980 on my honeymoon. We stayed in a little cottage a stones throw from The Baths.
I’m in Annapolis for a full navel wedding
The groom is a p8 pilot

View attachment 42236
I was a Navy Civilian for 30 years and worked a bit indirectly on P-8 issues. Wore a P-8 logo'd shirt about a week ago playing golf. My Dad was USNA graduate, class of 1943.

We're approaching late August. I wonder what the FF-mile gods have in store for us this coming season? I only have 130,000 United miles and (following last year's award-level reset) have to be prudent about cashing them in.

This just sent out by United. It's for fall travel but hopefully they'll also offer it for winter. Not the 30-40K sale prices that we'd enjoyed for several years; still, better than a snowbank.

1725891954343.png

Back