Vietnam

No. But lots of Australians go so I have plenty of mates that have been. They all report it’s fantastic. From food (how good is South East Asian tucker?!) to history to scenery it sounds good.
I don’t do hot and humid by choice so I’ll enjoy vicariously.

Vietnam is the one country in southeast Asia that I really want to visit, although I agree with Sbooker about the hot and humid part.

has anyone ever visited? any advice?
Family member went there on business one year ago. Took a number of colorful, tropical photos.
Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon):
ho chi minh city vietnam summer 2023.jpeg

Nha Trang beach about 250 miles north of Ho Chi Minh City
nha trang summer '23.jpeg

Nha Trang again:
nha trang motorcycles vietnam 2023.jpeg

We were in Thailand much of November 2016. We spent a few days in Laos and also visited Angkor Wat in Cambodia. My feeling is that both Thailand and Vietnam (where we have not been) are worth 2 weeks minimum so hard to do on the same trip.

We were in Thailand much of November 2016. We spent a few days in Laos and also visited Angkor Wat in Cambodia. My feeling is that both Thailand and Vietnam (where we have not been) are worth 2 weeks minimum so hard to do on the same trip.
Care to comment on the weather you experienced in that November?

Care to comment on the weather you experienced in that November?
Fairly cooperative. The only time with a lot of rain was when were were on a Mekong River boat for a couple of days. Northern Thailand is already cooling off some in the evenings. The mornings were reasonably comfortable for tourist activities even farther south, though we would usually get into the hotel pools in late afternoon.

i'm sure you are correct...We are traveling with our daughters 27&30. Yeah I know we are a bit crazy..We are at the mercy of their vacation schedules. I would like to go to thailand,but my youngest has been twice..

We were having lunch in Luang Prabang, Laos when the 2016 election results were called, early in that trip.

I do not being questioned about the election by our guides in Laos, Cambodia or Thailand over the next 3+ weeks. We do get occasional queries when we are in Europe, and as I mentioned before by the guide Malcolm in Johannesburg.

Back