The Apocalypse in the Kitchen

Tony Crocker

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps many of the "serious skiers" who really want to ski powder, steeps, trees, bumps, etc. have moved West. :P Leaving the FTO New England hardcore a minority so small that eastern ski managements choose to ignore it. Except for MRG of course :wink: .

Last week's sign that the apocalypse is upon us was Tony skiing in a different jacket.

sszycher":10xt2pit said:
while March has been a disappointment. And usually March is the best month to ski the East, IMO.
Speak for yourself. :wink:

Admin":10xt2pit said:
Last week's sign that the apocalypse is upon us was Tony skiing in a different jacket.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I still see you haven't quit your job as fashion critique. :wink:

Patrick":2jtb3200 said:
kingslug":2jtb3200 said:
Must.....................move.........................to Utah..................

Insert Mormon joke here. :wink:
Never had nothing but good dealings with them. One even drove us back to our hotel when we got stranded in a big storm out there. Try that in NYC.

kingslug":bpvyuale said:
Never had nothing but good dealings with them.

Probably even better in some points.

Sorry, but the way you were talking was like you were being drawn into something/organisation like a zombie. :wink:

It's just happened that you mentioned Utah, so to make a stupid joke I added the Mormon part. :oops: I could have added something about adding a second wife, but my wife might have become suspicious (if she read this) if I EVER decide to do the tirolpeter thing. :oops:
:roll: :lol:

IF she read this, the apocalypse might be even closer....for me. :lol:

Believe me.....my wife is sick of my wanting to live there...and I'm sick of living here. Pouring rain in the middle of February is starting to really get to me. And this year I only got to spend a couple of days there, and...and...
It's just hopeless.

kingslug":3dxyl64f said:
Believe me.....my wife is sick of my wanting to live there...and I'm sick of living here.

Sounds like a recipe for success, and one that I seem to cook in my kitchen daily. :roll:

Admin":2hrkg2b5 said:
kingslug":2hrkg2b5 said:
Believe me.....my wife is sick of my wanting to live there...and I'm sick of living here.

Sounds like a recipe for success, and one that I seem to cook in my kitchen daily. :roll:

Yeah, but I think my stove is broken...for good. She aint budging. But I am going to come out once a year for at least 4 solid days...and she aint coming. This.............is not negotiable.
So next season you will get to witness me suffocating with a smile on my face as I try to hike wherever everyone is hiking to.

Admin":2qwvoibm said:

I've been meaning to ask how your Québecoise wife feels about living in Utah... does she ski?

jamesdeluxe":38h3ist7 said:
Admin":38h3ist7 said:

I've been meaning to ask how your Québecoise wife feels about living in Utah... does she ski?

She'll ski 1x or 2x per year only in spring, and is not outdoors-oriented and works out of state. She thus hasn't built a base of local friends. After 5 years in gpaul-land and 9 years in FL she also intensely misses her tropics. She's not a happy camper.

While SLC is clearly at the top of the heap as a ski-oriented place to live, I do note that kingslug is from NY. If the wife's reservations about Utah are cultural, there are other options, like Seattle, Denver, SF Bay, etc.

Or as rfarren and I have noted, even here in L.A. we're better off ski wise than most of the easterners.

Interesting....the thread has been hijacked but the title is still appropriate. :wink:

Semi-rehijack: I thought that this weeks sign was that Joegm reads Sports Illustrated.

I guess we all face some adversity getting our ski days in...even Admin. Whoda thunk it.

Tony Crocker":yx0xy3rt said:
While SLC is clearly at the top of the heap as a ski-oriented place to live, I do note that kingslug is from NY. If the wife's reservations about Utah are cultural, there are other options, like Seattle, Denver, SF Bay, etc.

Or as rfarren and I have noted, even here in L.A. we're better off ski wise than most of the easterners.

Interesting....the thread has been hijacked but the title is still appropriate. :wink:

She doesn't want to move anywhere. She did say that Tahoe wasn't bad but I would not want to deal with 5 foot snowstorms....landing in my front yard. Utah is the ONLY place I have found that I would move to at this point.
And now back to our regularly scheduled post....

kingslug":1w2011tw said:
Tony Crocker":1w2011tw said:

She doesn't want to move anywhere. She did say that Tahoe wasn't bad but I would not want to deal with 5 foot snowstorms....landing in my front yard. Utah is the ONLY place I have found that I would move to at this point.
And now back to our regularly scheduled post....

Just more fuel for the fire with you and the wife.

Unemployment rate nationwide is 4.8%...the unemployment rate in Utah is 3%.

the food aint great, mostly chain type, but there are some gems. The outdoor activities are almost unmatched and the skiing...well we wont get into that...did i mention probably another FOOT in the mtns tonight??? What month is is again??? :D

if she truly loves you....it doesnt matter where you live.

M

Tony Crocker":1w4hu6o8 said:

I work in the arts, as well as my fiancee'. We couldn't just move anywhere. We had always talked about moving to L.A. anyways. I would say one of the big advantages of L.A. is that it offers flights to a lot of ski destinations out west, and that the flights are less than 3 hours by and large. The one thing I will miss about NY is walking everywhere. I will also miss having a relatively short flight to Europe, but with the Euro being so strong its not really worth visiting there.

Skidog":1shfej75 said:
if she truly loves you....it doesnt matter where you live.

Hah, that's a good one. It can create a lot of tension if one person is not happy about moving somewhere to placate the other.

Back