The Apocalypse in the Kitchen

jamesdeluxe":379lgeaj said:
Tony Crocker":379lgeaj said:
An 8,000 foot mountain in the East might not have lifts or be skiable very often, considering the weather at 6,200 in New Hampshire.

Does anyone have a quick answer to why Mt Washington has such brutal weather at that elevation?

The east coast has a much lower tree line than out west for the same latitude because the cold air comes down from central canada and the polar regions and is not regulated by the ocean. The result is much more brutal temps and winds for the altitude. I imagine an 8,000 foot range in the east coast wouldn't get much rain, but you would have to be dressed for an assault on everest to be comfortable most of the time. However, I still am in favor of turning New Jersey into a tall mountain range... it would be cooler than what's there now.

rfarren":nu1jv579 said:
I still am in favor of turning New Jersey into a tall mountain range... it would be cooler than what's there now.

New Jersey humor... you've lived in NYC your whole life and that's the best you can do?

jamesdeluxe":1jwhs00x said:
rfarren":1jwhs00x said:
I still am in favor of turning New Jersey into a tall mountain range... it would be cooler than what's there now.

New Jersey humor... you've lived in NYC your whole life and that's the best you can do?

Oh... there is plenty more where that came from. But lets not ruin the forum with stuff not related to skiing. Admit it though, NJ would be a hell of a lot cooler if it had the highest range in the north east. It might even coax me to move to hoboken.... well lets not go too far. :wink:

Maybe James is right. Maybe I've got no business posting in this thread.

Tonight CB congratulated me. When I asked why...she said....

"Well...it's the first day of summer right?"

"Yeah?"

"So starting now the days are getting shorter right?"

"Yeah."

"And in another month things will start to cool off right?

"Technically that's right."

"So in your mind...isn't winter coming....sorta?"

"Yup."

"Congratulations Honey."

...so am I banned? Or can I post if I cranky?

Back