American Election 2024

I offer a toast to my friends and neighbors who don't vote, in fear that if they did vote it would accidentally be against their own best interest.

Let's put it to you this way. The people who were convinced that Mexico would pay for the wall? THEY VOTED. Now think "seeking asylum" and "insane asylum" are the same? They'll be voting.
A lot of people vote in Australia with no knowledge of policies etc. Sometimes I think it may be better if people that aren't informed didn't vote.

My grandfather was as conservative as they come and had the view that if one doesn't pay tax they shouldn't get to vote. And if you paid a lot of tax you should get more than one vote. :ROFLMAO:

Sounds familiar:
My grandfather refused to go to my parents wedding because he found out my grandmother on my mum’s side voted Labor. Nuts.

As it turns out he mellowed later in life and they all got on well in the end.

Yesterday in northeastern PA and this was some of the more polite messaging that we saw. A tale of two countries: drive through rural regions and you'd think that MAGA will win in a landslide and vice versa in populated areas. I always wondered what prompts people, left or right, to put signage on their property as it doesn't convince underdecided voters one way or the other. Tribalism, I guess.

20240828_121752.jpg

Yesterday in northeastern PA and this was some of the more polite messaging that we saw. A tale of two countries: drive through rural regions and you'd think that MAGA will win in a landslide and vice versa in populated areas. I always wondered what prompts people, left or right, to put signage on their property as it doesn't convince underdecided voters one way or the other. Tribalism, I guess.

View attachment 42423
I passed a house with giant trump flags and F Harris flags...what a simple minded soul...

I was driving on in the suburbs just east of Portland and they was a busy street corner with a bunch of signs and magas with « Joe and the Ho », Trump with Rambo photoshop and other MAGA greatest hits. Not sure if it’s a good way to attract voters when the group is in full cult mode.

View attachment 42423
So classy. “Kamala Harris is an idiot”.
That’s third grade stuff.

We’re getting daily coverage of the election lead up in our main media. In previous campaigns it starts to get some exposure a week or so out. It interests me greatly but it will almost be a relief when it’s over.

Back