American Election 2024

ohc=cVBKv7b_KscQ7kNvgF0x_iH&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

Sbooker is not the only Aussie following the American election. Joe Cali is an Aussie eclipse chaser who hosted 100 of us in Trinity Beach near Cairns for TSE2021. Joe in turn was part of our 40 person group in Jackson in 2017. In addition to linking the pic above, he posted this after observing recent auroras:
After nearly 2 weeks of nights with clear weather, I packed up my telescopes yesterday and put them inside. It's raining today. My thanks to the Norwegian Weather Service who provide incredibly accurate forecasts for this area.

I don't have an observatory although, I DO HAVE A CONCEPT OF AN OBSERVATORY. Unfortunately, my concept of an observatory does not keep the rain off my telescopes nor stop them from getting wet because IT'S NOT AN OBSERVATORY. I do have a concept of them staying dry and that's the same thing isn't it?

Disclaimer: No dogs, cats, guinea pigs or other family pets were eaten in the making of this post. My god he's such an idiot.
COVFEFE!
😂

View attachment 42495

Sbooker is not the only Aussie following the American election. Joe Cali is an Aussie eclipse chaser who hosted 100 of us in Trinity Beach near Cairns for TSE2021. Joe in turn was part of our 40 person group in Jackson in 2017. In addition to linking the pic above, he posted this after observing recent auroras:
The election is big news in Australia for lots of people. If only Australian’s weren’t so apathetic about our own politics.

IMO, there are two problems with this statement:

(1) the use of the words “may be,” rather than “has,” and
(2) the use of the present tense, rather than the past tense, in conjugation of the verb “unravel.”

To me, the truly frightening thing about this election, is that millions and millions of voters appear to understand this, and will vote for him anyways.

Flyover is correct. Trump has been making outrageous statements since he descended that escalator in 2015.

If by unraveling, you mean the weird stuff like Hannibal Lecter, electrocuting sharks, eating the dogs and cats, that stuff has gotten worse with age.

The outrage doesn't change anyone's opinion any more. The Harris campaign should focus more on ridicule, as the Republicans did with Biden and as Harris herself did some in the debate. And making Trump look weak or silly (i.e. size of his rallies) provokes more unraveling. Portraying Biden as senile was effective in eroding his support. There's plenty of ammunition to do the same to Trump.

Last edited:
To me, the truly frightening thing about this election, is that millions and millions of voters appear to understand this, and will vote for him anyways.
Yep, they are all in. I think this is hilarious but the person carrying the sign is not doing it ironically.
IMG_5652.jpg

Trump dearly misses his wellness and nutrition coach Herman Cain, and infers that the MyPillow guy will head the 2028 GOP ticket...

Back